luni, 5 februarie 2018

The Promise of the Lord's Return



Tonight I prayed to the Lord to help me find an inspired poem through the online resources for a future program our choir would present in a church. I needed to find a poem about Christ's Return.
After quite a few readings, I still wasn't satisfied and somehow a bit dissapointed that I couldn't find and decide on a certain resource.
I said to God:" You know I can't write myself a poem for You unless You direct me so and only when Your inspiration is
coming to me. You know I'm not ready for writing a poem now, but Lord, please help me find that poem!!!"
I changed the key words and soon my eyes fell on a new resource. I thought the person who wrote the article added two poems as well, as I quickly read about "a short poem" and "a long poem" in the search description. There was an Introduction in the article. I skipped and looked at the title "Promise of the Lord's Return" and started to read the verses that captured my attention. It was from the Scriptures. I didn't even realise I was reading Isaiah chapter 63:1-6.
I said: "God, I need to look in my Bible. This helps me concentrate more. Please help me find that poem."
I opened the Bible with the childish belief that reading from it will help me succeed in my online searching afterwards. There was Isaiah chapter 62 started on that page so I thought to go one page back in order to read the chapter from the beginning. I read the chapter and continued to the next one, Isaiah 63....In a few seconds I realised ....It struck me, this is the chapter I was just reading on my online resource!!! There it was...THAT POEM!!! Yes, in original language, Hebrew, Isaiah 63 is actually a poem!!! There it was, God's answer in front of my eyes!
Lord, Your thoughts are unknown to me but I trust You will help me find Your way and follow You! Reveal to me whatever is coming from You and You allow it to be revealed! You couldn't give me for a better answer!
So this is the poem I believe God chose it.
PROMISE OF THE LORD'S RETURN
Isaiah 63:1-6
א  מִי-זֶה בָּא מֵאֱדוֹם, חֲמוּץ בְּגָדִים מִבָּצְרָה, זֶה הָדוּר בִּלְבוּשׁוֹ, צֹעֶה בְּרֹב כֹּחוֹ; אֲנִי מְדַבֵּר בִּצְדָקָה, רַב לְהוֹשִׁיעַ. 1'Who is this that cometh from Edom, with crimsoned garments from Bozrah? This that is glorious in his apparel, stately in the greatness of his strength?'--'I that speak in victory, mighty to save.'
 ב  מַדּוּעַ אָדֹם, לִלְבוּשֶׁךָ; וּבְגָדֶיךָ, כְּדֹרֵךְ בְּגַת. 2 'Wherefore is Thine apparel red, and Thy garments like his that treadeth in the winevat?'
-- ג  פּוּרָה דָּרַכְתִּי לְבַדִּי, וּמֵעַמִּים אֵין-אִישׁ אִתִּי, וְאֶדְרְכֵם בְּאַפִּי, וְאֶרְמְסֵם בַּחֲמָתִי; וְיֵז נִצְחָם עַל-בְּגָדַי, וְכָל-מַלְבּוּשַׁי אֶגְאָלְתִּי. 3 'I have trodden the winepress alone, and of the peoples there was no man with Me; yea, I trod them in Mine anger, and trampled them in My fury; and their lifeblood is dashed against My garments, and I have stained all My raiment.
 ד  כִּי יוֹם נָקָם, בְּלִבִּי; וּשְׁנַת גְּאוּלַי, בָּאָה. 4 For the day of vengeance that was in My heart, and My year of redemption are come.
 ה  וְאַבִּיט וְאֵין עֹזֵר, וְאֶשְׁתּוֹמֵם וְאֵין סוֹמֵךְ; וַתּוֹשַׁע לִי זְרֹעִי, וַחֲמָתִי הִיא סְמָכָתְנִי. 5 And I looked, and there was none to help, and I beheld in astonishment, and there was none to uphold; therefore Mine own arm brought salvation unto Me, and My fury, it upheld Me.
 ו  וְאָבוּס עַמִּים בְּאַפִּי, וַאֲשַׁכְּרֵם בַּחֲמָתִי; וְאוֹרִיד לָאָרֶץ, נִצְחָם.  {ס6}  And I trod down the peoples in Mine anger, and made them drunk with My fury, and I poured out their lifeblood on the earth.'
We, people are so blind and little of faith many times and don't realise how much God loves us and wants to build with us the best relationship. One based on unshakable faith, trust and respect, hope and  patience and all the things that work for the restoring of His image in us. His Love endures forever and we are called to rejoice. He is coming again!!!
But Who are You, Lord so that I may rejoice in You and Your coming?.... I pray to You so that me and the ones looking for You may know You are Love. I pray so that I may live my life through You.
Here's what Revelation says in chapter 19:11-16
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.
12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[a] a name written that no one knew except Himself.
13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean,[b] followed Him on white horses.
15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[c] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:
KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.
My most important learning point from all this little experience is ( besides analysis and understanding of the scriptural texts) that every day is a great opportunity in finding Who God really is and letting Him have an impact on my life. Not trying to fit Christ into my life, but building my life around Him.
I desire and I can identify with Leslie Ludy's words when she says:
"God made me a girl. And He did that on purpose. But He asks me to become the kind of girl who is actually useful to His kingdom purposes. I need to become the sort of girl who is unfraid to poke my head into the battle of the ages and cry out, "Who is this uncircumcised Philistine who is blaspheming the armies of the living God?" God wants me to wrestle. God wants to stick grit in my girliness. He wants me to be prepared to tangle, to interlock my soul in this eternal combat-- not with other girls, not with sweaty boys, but with Him, and with the otherworldly powers of darkness. He wants me to wrestle in prayer, to grab ahold of His great and precious promises and fight to see them unfurled in living reality on this Earth."
"When we are passionately in love with our Prince, we put Him above all else-- not just in theory, but also practically, in every moment of our day-to-day lives. We do not live for the applause of heaven. Our longings are not for people's approval but only for more and more of Him. We are marked by an effortless, unshakable strength that is found in the presence of our perfect Lover."

This article includes quotes from the Scripture and Leslie Ludy's book  Authentic Beauty: The Shaping of a Set-Apart Young Woman


All Rights Reserved © lisamichellespoems.blogspot.com Andreea Stan

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu